Formed of elected Parent and Staff representatives the Advisory Council is the school’s main consultative and advisory group for the Principal. It is an active forum for parent and community participation, providing support and advice in strategic planning and school improvement. As outlined in the CES Limited Governance Charter Advisory Council members do not have decision making powers.
The School Advisory Council is intended to:
- provide a voice for members of the school community
- actively support the Vision and Catholic Identity of the School
- provide input into and support for strategic planning and directions
- provide input and contribute advice in the processes of school improvement and school review
- support the Principal in meeting their responsibilities and accountabilities for educational outcomes, effective stewardship of resources, and annual reporting
- actively support the Principal in the encouragement of parent/guardian engagement
- support the ongoing sustainability of the Council and its members in its succession and learning
The School Advisory Council may also assist in the organising of school fundraising and social activities such as the Marong Cup.